Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Audience

The Fast and the Furious franchise has a wide variety in the types of audience. Every Fast and Furious film is rated PG 13 in Canada and 14 A in the United States, however, in my opinion the suggested rating is ignored by younger audiences. In the following paragraphs, I go into more details regarding the different types of viewers of the films.

Firstly, at 10 years old, I first begun to be interested in the Fast and Furious franchise. Although, while watching the films for the first time, I did not exactly understand the story line or the dialogue of the film. I found myself repeatedly asking my family what some words meant. However, I am most certain that there are many other young children like me, who were interested in cars and decided to watch the movie, and were confused throughout the majority of the film. It was not until a few years later that I re-watched the films and discovered a whole new point of view for the films.

Secondly, there are viewers of the film that decide to watch the films, mainly because of the thrill of the action, the story lines and the actors. I believe that there is part of the Fast and Furious audience, that only watch the films because of Paul Walker and Vin Diesel. I find that completely fine, because there are also viewers of the films, who watch because of the cars and the street racing. I personally watch because I enjoy watching action movies, and I have interest in cars, therefore the Fast and Furious is a major combination of my interests.  

Lastly, the directors and writers target the writing of the film for male viewers in their 20s to 30s. I believe that is the reason why the racing scenes appear so real, that is the reason why the content is mature. The films have a specific rating for the audience, because it provides more freedom to the writers and directors while creating the story.


In all, the Fast and Furious films are enjoyable to all age groups, whether it is because of the actors, cars or racing scenes. I find the most interesting element of the film is how the films appeal differently to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. The good thing about these movies is that almost anyone can watch them. Young kids can watch them at an early age and enjoy it as much as grown men. This really makes it a great franchise for the whole family. I believe this is a reason why the series is so successful.

    ReplyDelete